Sunday, January 20, 2013

2 of 100: Two thumbs up for Q & A!


Hello guys & dolls,

I hope everyone had a fantastic weekend! I am one of the lucky folks who has tomorrow off to celebrate MLK day…I know that his dream was for me to sleep in & watch a marathon of SVU. While everyone was out painting the town red last night (I rather it be royal purple but whatever)…I was in bed finishing Q &A by Vikas Swarup
I will have to say that this was the best book I’ve read since the Help. Just like the author of the Help, Swarup does a wonderful job with his first novel. I was on a roller coaster of emotions with this novel…I laughed, I cried, I clutched my pearls* in shock over the exhilarating tales that the main character Ram Mohammad Thomas experienced. I know that this was a fictional character, but I felt a connection to Ram from beginning to end. Ram faced so many challenges that would have broken a person but his endearing spirit and honesty was inspiring. Even the moments he did something bad, his intentions were always good...he’s the tormented hero you always root for. Way better than that Batman…if I was an billionaire, I wouldn’t be fighting crimes, I’ll call 911 then hop on my private jet to Vegas. Fine I’ll make a generous donation to Gotham’s police department, get off my case!

Here are excerpts from Q & A:

 Ram describes love: “Love doesn’t happen in an instant. It creeps up on you and then it turns your life upside down. It colors your waking moments and fills your dreams. You begin to walk on air and see life in brilliant new shades.”
Ram (an orphan) describes money: I realized a long time ago that dreams have power over your won mind; but with money you can have power over the minds of others.

 I’m definitely giving this book an A+ with extra credit for the numerous unexpected plot twists!

Please be sure to check out 100 Books & Living tomorrow...I'll be announcing my next book!

G'day Mate!



* In my mind, my pearls are Channel. Yes, it’s crazy but stop being a dream killer!
                               

No comments:

Post a Comment