Monday, January 14, 2013

My thoughts on Mindy


Hey beautiful people,

I just got back from having a great dinner with great conversation...nothing says Monday night like a deconstructed s'more for desert! Okay folks, here are my thoughts on
Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? (And Other Concerns) by Mindy Kaling....she is the Indian chick from the Office & The Mindy Project.




Expectations: Omg!.This book is going to be so amazing! I love her!
Reality: That was funny part...ummm...this is random..ummm...maybe I should read this in her nasal voice...ahh..now that's better.

I'm not saying that it was a horrible but I thought that Tina Fey's Bossypants was way better. The set up is autobiographical with random thoughts about relationships, work and friendships. I did loved the chapter titles, for examples:

Don't Peak in High School
Non-Traumatic Things That Have Made Me Cry
In Defense of Chest Hair

Although this book wasn't hysterically funny, there are many moments of honesty and you get a peek inside the mind of a single gal who is celebrity obsessed with issues with guys who wear too much cologne. Here are a few excerpts from the book that I totally agreed with:

Things that make Mindy cry: "Valet guys who are my Dad's age. I can't even deal with this. When I see a man who is around my father's age running down the street to get a car, it breaks my heart."

On married people: "I don't want to hear about the endless struggles to keep sex exciting or the work it takes to plan a date night. I want to hear that you guys watch every episode of "The Bachelorette" together secret shame[...]. I want to hear about it because I know it's possible, and because I want it for myself."

One night stands (when her friends get frustrated with her interrupting their stories): "I guess nothing puts a damper on a one-night stand as much as your friend pointing out all the opportunities where you might have been killed."

Overall, I'll give this book a C+. Bonus points for her having the same thoughts as me on celebrities, food, and how guys should behave.

Okay, I've decided that my next book will be....
Guess I'm in the mood for curry!


I'll keep you guys updated on book #2! Goodbye...Goodbye...Goodbye!



No comments:

Post a Comment