Wednesday, January 30, 2013

4 of 100: I'm getting back on track

Hey lovebugs,

I hope everyone is doing well! I know I've been missing in action but I've been feeling like a bum...know I know what it feels like to be Rob Kardashian. Here's an update what I've been up to the last few days:

January 25th: After work I had to go home and squeeze my buns into some skinny jeans because I had a date. I actually had to Google what the heck a date was since it's been a minute. Not to say I haven't been going on dates but this one wasn't a waste of my time. We basically looked like those cheesy couples on those online dating commercials. He basically had me at "hello...and by "hello" I mean "do you want to split a bottle of wine?"..the music of my heart.

January 26th-29: Nothing much but work, work and more work. I also had to deal with some family stuff that had my mind occupied so I couldn't concentrate on books or posting.  Being a grown up sucks sometimes..if it wasn't for Pinot Grigio then I would have invented a time machine a long time ago. Anyways, I am actually looking forward to the weekend because this will be my 2nd weekend off in the last year!


Time for the main event...I have a new book folks!!!

One of my followers* gave me a new book to read and I'm really exciting about it. Drumroll please...

I'm happy to be back on track...even though I know I will fall off the wagon again..I'm basically the Lindsay Logan of blogging. I just started A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini today and my heart already breaks for one of the main character. There is nothing better than connecting with the characters in a book...if an author can do that within the 1st chapter then I'm impressed. Hosseini is already off to a great start with his imagery and simplistic way he makes you love and hate a character. So far, this novel is off to a great start and I look forward to letting you guys know how it turns out. 



Hope you guys had a happy hump day! Smell you later!





*So what I only have two followers! Baby steps people! Excuse me for not being a slut in the blog world!

No comments:

Post a Comment