Thursday, January 17, 2013

Can I get a tissue?!?

Hello friends!

The weekend is so close that I can taste it and it tastes like Merlot. I've started reading Q & A by Vikas Swarup and I love it already! You may not know the book but I bet you've heard of the movie.
Yep, the movie Slumdog Millionaire is basically Q & A in movie form. Books are usually better than the movie most of the time, with the exception of Devil Wears Prada. I mean who doesn't want to see fabulous fashion on the big screen! I haven't seen Slumdog Millionaire, but if the movie is as good as the few chapters that I've read, then I can't wait to watch. 

The story begins with Ram Mohammad Thomas being held captive for answering all twelve questions correctly on the TV game show Who Will Win a Billion? No one believes him because he's a poor, uneducated orphan but as he recounts to his lawyer how he answered the questions the story flashes back to memorable moments in his roller coaster life. 

I have thoroughly enjoyed reading this book thus far..although I've had to Google a few words so I can get a visual images. For example, dabbawallah which basically means "box person", is a person who delivers box meals. So if I had to use it in a sentence-" Honey Boo's Mom was hungry so she had a dabbawallah deliver 2 large pizzas."*

I will say the chapters as Ram as a young boy broke my heart and by page 91, I had cried 3 times. It felt like I just sat down with Barbara Walters. I can definitely say that this book is a page turner and I can't wait to see how it ends!

Later alligator!




* I just vomited a little in my mouth. I mean really...this lady really has a boyfriend & I don't?!? I'm getting a glass of wine.

2 comments:

  1. Love your blog so far! Good luck in your endeavor to read 100 books. And don't let Mark's Honey Boo Boo remarks get you down! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your compliment & support! Mark doesn't get me down...as long as he continues to make you smile! ;)

      Delete